Thursday, February 26, 2009

Secession

One of our readers describes a recent visit to Secession:

It was a spur-of-the moment decision that took us into Secession one night. My oldest daughter had been peeking in the windows of Danube for years and asking to go. The rooms are still some of the prettiest in NYC. The kids and I were presentable, but quick glance at the husband told me we should have stopped at home first. I have to say that the staff didn't even bat an eye, showed us to prominent table, and couldn't have been nicer. The crowd was a mix of families and couples--nicely dressed for an evening out. The food was delicious--we had the buttery roast chicken and an artic char. It's a lighter, more accessible menu than Danube (though I had so many memorable meals there). It reminded me of an upscale, Parisian brasserie: a place to have an elegant, well-prepared dining experience. It made an ordinary weekend night feel special (even if one of us was wearing a sweatshirt...)

No comments: