Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More from The Forklifter: Trattoria Cinque

The Forklifter- our dedicated reader, contributor, and restaurant lover- was out and about recently and lifted not just a fork, but a pen as well:

Trattoria Cinque has one of the nicest, most welcoming rooms in the neighborhood - and staff were no slouches either. I loved the big banquettes and huge fireplaces. It's casually sophisticated, but I was really pleased that they made my kids so welcome too. They're famous for their Caeser Salads and the concept of 5 seasonal offerings in each menu category (hence the name Cinque). There are always a few specials so the menu fills out nicely. My favorite was the super-thin crusted pizza with pear and gorgonzola. I'm thinking I should bring a bunch a friends next time and score one of the big tables in front of the fireplace.

No comments: