Monday, October 27, 2008

David Bouley- Be All You Can Be

Our readers never rest on their laurels when it comes to a restaurant opening. Recently, David Bouley opened Secession (formerly known as Danube) with a brand new menu. Here is what one of our readers had to say:

David Bouley's newest venture Secession is off the ground and running. It says something that my husband scheduled two business dinners in one week at the same restaurant. He loved the roasted lobster and the bistro style oyster platters.

1 comment:

Rule #1...Taste Taste Taste! said...

There are only 2 minor complaints...the brussel sprout side dish (comped) was too salty & the lobster tail was slightly under done. Everything else about Secession was absolutely memorable! We shared appetzers...1/2 dozen kuomomotos that were fresh, cold and creamy with 3 sauces (cocktail, ginger mayo & mignonette) , the tuna & yellowtail sashimi with ginger infused oil, and the princess crab & avocado salad that was rich with no sign of cartilage or shell. The rack of lamb my friend had was as perfect as a chef could produce, my roasted lobster was delicious and my wife's duck also was perfectly done. I had the pistachio cake, pistachio cream & raspberries...my tablemates' deserts were nice, but I believe I had the best in class. We finished with glasses of Muscato that were clear, cold & fruity. Simply one of the finest dining experiences in recent memory. Please don't GO... I don't want to have trouble getting my next reservation!